Nestled in the southern end of Moore County, also known as the Sandhills, it is a flourishing community with approximately 12,736 residents and growing! Southern Pines showcases over 125 years of history through notable real estate, traditions and ever living tales. Southern Pines is known for its locally owned shops, unique and delicious restaurants and enticing points of interest. Some historical landmarks include the Shaw House, Weymouth, Downtown area and train station- all worth checking out at some point! SP also has its own library, park, bike paths and theatre.
True southern charm is present in this town, especially with events like the Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings and festivals throughout the year. There are always local events happening to better this thriving community! For all information, events and resources, visit their website.
Male – Female Ratio: 49.2% – 50.8%
Median Resident Age: 47 years
Median Household Income: $46,811
Median Household Value: $256,786
- Longleaf Academy – 910.692.2665 – http://www.longleafacademy.com/
- Pinecrest High School – 910.692.6554 – http://www.ncmcs.org/pchs
- Southern Pines Elementary – 910.692.2357 – http://www.ncmcs.org/Page/1395
- Southern Pines Primary – 910.692.8259 – http://www.ncmcs.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=1403
- The O’Neal School (Private) – 910.692.6920 – http://www.onealschool.org/page